Welcome to my Blog!


I am so glad you stopped by. A couple of months ago I saw the movie Julie & Julia, where a young woman decides to take a year and make every recipe in Julia Child's French Cookbook. I enjoyed the movie very much and became intrigued. Maybe I could do something like that, so, I got out my barely used, 13 year old, Better Homes Cookbook and started flipping through. Thus began my cooking experiment.

Cooking is something I have always hated to do, it was a chore for me, not a pleasure. I am not a professional cook, and never will be, but the movie ignited a spark in me and revealed a new discovery, cooking can be fun!

I am learning that with patience, motivation, and good recipes anyone can be a good cook. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! I hope you will experiment along with me and let me know what you think of the recipes I share.

I will post each new recipe I try along with a picture (I can't stand cookbooks that don't include pictures!) so you can see the final product. I will also share tips that I have learned along the way. For you seasoned chefs, the tips may seem like common sense, but for those of us who are dummies in the kitchen, they are epiphanies.

Happy Cooking!

Nancy

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Best Cake Brownies


These are the kind of brownies you dream about at night and have a hard time stopping at one.  Absolutely delicious!  The toffee topping was SO good!  I am already craving another batch.

36 Servings
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

GLAZE:

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, cubed
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup Heath English Toffee Bits
2/3 cup miniature marshmallows

Directions:

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and salt until blended.

Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
center comes out clean (top of brownies will still appear wet).

Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.

For glaze, combine sugar, butter and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a
boil; boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir
in toffee bits and marshmallows until melted. Pour over the
brownies and spread evenly.

Refrigerate for 5 minutes before cutting.

Yield: about 3 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.

Taste of Home: Winning Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:


None of the recipes posted on this site are mine, they are all taken from other sources, or given to me to try. I am not nearly creative enough or good enough in the kitchen to have come up with any of them.

I also cannot promise that any of these recipes are going to turn out good, or taste good for that matter, so you try them at your own risk.

Enjoy!!! Nancy
SmileyCentral.com