Welcome to my Blog!


I am so glad you stopped by. A couple of months ago I saw the movie Julie & Julia, where a young woman decides to take a year and make every recipe in Julia Child's French Cookbook. I enjoyed the movie very much and became intrigued. Maybe I could do something like that, so, I got out my barely used, 13 year old, Better Homes Cookbook and started flipping through. Thus began my cooking experiment.

Cooking is something I have always hated to do, it was a chore for me, not a pleasure. I am not a professional cook, and never will be, but the movie ignited a spark in me and revealed a new discovery, cooking can be fun!

I am learning that with patience, motivation, and good recipes anyone can be a good cook. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! I hope you will experiment along with me and let me know what you think of the recipes I share.

I will post each new recipe I try along with a picture (I can't stand cookbooks that don't include pictures!) so you can see the final product. I will also share tips that I have learned along the way. For you seasoned chefs, the tips may seem like common sense, but for those of us who are dummies in the kitchen, they are epiphanies.

Happy Cooking!

Nancy

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops

This had a very sophisticated and robust taste to it.  Definitely something you might have in a nice restaurant.  Not a big hit with the children, but the adults thoroughly enjoyed!  Very easy to prepare.

4 Servings
Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.


Ingredients

1 cup strong brewed coffee
1/4 cup molasses
6 fresh thyme sprigs
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.

For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.  If grilling the chops, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Spoon glaze over chops.

Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons glaze equals 370 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein.
 
Taste of Home Magazine, April & May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:


None of the recipes posted on this site are mine, they are all taken from other sources, or given to me to try. I am not nearly creative enough or good enough in the kitchen to have come up with any of them.

I also cannot promise that any of these recipes are going to turn out good, or taste good for that matter, so you try them at your own risk.

Enjoy!!! Nancy
SmileyCentral.com