Welcome to my Blog!


I am so glad you stopped by. A couple of months ago I saw the movie Julie & Julia, where a young woman decides to take a year and make every recipe in Julia Child's French Cookbook. I enjoyed the movie very much and became intrigued. Maybe I could do something like that, so, I got out my barely used, 13 year old, Better Homes Cookbook and started flipping through. Thus began my cooking experiment.

Cooking is something I have always hated to do, it was a chore for me, not a pleasure. I am not a professional cook, and never will be, but the movie ignited a spark in me and revealed a new discovery, cooking can be fun!

I am learning that with patience, motivation, and good recipes anyone can be a good cook. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you! I hope you will experiment along with me and let me know what you think of the recipes I share.

I will post each new recipe I try along with a picture (I can't stand cookbooks that don't include pictures!) so you can see the final product. I will also share tips that I have learned along the way. For you seasoned chefs, the tips may seem like common sense, but for those of us who are dummies in the kitchen, they are epiphanies.

Happy Cooking!

Nancy

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole


I have always liked a good tuna noodle casserole. This one is totally different from any I have tried. This was the second time I made it, but the first time I made some alterations that we really liked. Instead of the cheddar cheese soup, I used cream of chicken and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Instead of bread crumbs on top, I used crushed potato chips and then sprinkled shredded cheese over the top. Either way, this is a great tuna casserole.

Ingredients:

1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; place noodles in water and bring to boil again. Cook until al dente; drain well.

3. While noodles are cooking saute in a medium size saucepan vegetable oil, onion, green and red bell peppers. Saute until tender.

4. Pour soup, tuna, milk, salt and black pepper into the saucepan. Mix well over medium-low heat.

5. Fold the noodles into the saucepan.

6. Pour entire mixture into a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the mixture. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.

Nutrition Information:
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories: 381

Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12g
Cholesterol: 68mg
Sodium: 604mg
Total Carbs: 49.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g
Protein: 18.5g


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 12/2/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:


None of the recipes posted on this site are mine, they are all taken from other sources, or given to me to try. I am not nearly creative enough or good enough in the kitchen to have come up with any of them.

I also cannot promise that any of these recipes are going to turn out good, or taste good for that matter, so you try them at your own risk.

Enjoy!!! Nancy
SmileyCentral.com